Whether you’re a newbie or an established blogger in the HVAC industry, the same rules apply:
- Do your HVAC-business keyword research
- Create high-quality blog posts
- Publish regularly
For many HVAC professionals, that’s easier said than done.
Coming up with fresh HVAC blog topics gets challenging after a while! Fortunately, our goal at Relentless Digital is to streamline every aspect of your online marketing as an HVAC business owner.
We created a list of 100+ blog topics for HVAC professionals and HVAC business owners. Turn your blog into one of the top HVAC blogs in the industry!
Why Blogging Matters for Your HVAC Company
Blogging is a cornerstone of SEO for HVAC contractors and HVAC professionals. Regular, informative blog posts will gradually boost your SEO rankings for specific keywords for the HVAC industry.
The higher your site ranks in Google and other search engines, the more visitors it will attract. Over time, the increased traffic will translate into higher revenue for your HVAC business.
The Ultimate List of HVAC Blog Topics: 100+ Blog Ideas for Your Contracting Business Website
At Relentless Digital, we brainstorm HVAC topics and do keyword research so HVAC companies don’t have to. All you need to do is flesh out your blog posts with original high-quality copy and optimize them for SEO.
Feel free to use our suggested HVAC blog ideas as they are or tweak the wording to better fit your topic, your services, or your customers’ needs.
Getting Started With HVAC Systems
These educational HVAC topics are great for targeting top-of-funnel customers who are new to HVAC systems and HVAC blogs.
- What Is HVAC Technology, and How Does It Work?
- Everything You Need To Know About HVAC Design
- The Origin Story of the Modern HVAC System
- What To Expect From the HVAC Installation Process
- HVAC Tune-Up Checklist for Homeowners
- What Is a Ductless AC System?
- Top X Brands for HVAC Units
- How To Find the Best HVAC Company for Your Needs
- Is Your HVAC Company Being Honest? Watch for These Red Flags
- X Questions To Ask Your HVAC Tech
- How To Calculate What Size Central AC You Need
- Should You Turn the AC Off When Leaving the House?
- What Is a BTU, and Why Does It Matter?
- X Questions To Ask HVAC Contractors
- The Best HVAC Companies in 2023
- The Latest HVAC Industry News
- Check Out These HVAC Industry Trends
Your highest-paying customers will be looking to replace their existing systems instead of patching up issues in a piecemeal fashion. To capture their attention and lead them to your website, make blog posts on HVAC replacement a regular fixture in your content calendar.
- Is It Time To Replace Your HVAC System? X HVAC Technicians Answer
- What To Expect When Replacing Your HVAC Unit
- How Long Does It Take To Replace Your HVAC System?
- Should You Replace the Ductwork When Replacing Your HVAC Unit?
- Should You Replace the Thermostat When Replacing an HVAC Unit?
- X Signs That You Need To Replace the Ductwork in Your Home
- Can a General Contractor Replace Your Ductwork, or Should You Call an HVAC Contractor?
Costs and Savings
Money-saving articles are a valuable resource and make some of the best HVAC blogs. They bring value in a world where most HVAC businesses are only after their customers’ money.
- How Much Does a New HVAC System Cost?
- Repairing Your Old HVAC vs. Buying a New One: Which Is Cheaper?
- How To Lower the Heating and Cooling Bills for Your Business
- Second-Hand Furnaces Are Cheaper, but Are They Safe?
- Does Homeowners Insurance Cover HVAC Damage?
- Can You Save Money With a Programmable Thermostat?
- HVAC Contractors Tips: X Ways To Save Money on Your Home Heating Bills
Filter issues are common in HVAC technology. Your potential customers will be looking for solutions, so meet your readers where they are and show them how your HVAC business can help.
- Top X Air Filter Brands for Your Home
- Does Your Air Conditioning System Need an Air Filter?
- What Are the Different Types of Air Conditioning Filters for Your Home?
- HEPA vs. MERV Filters: Which Are Better?
- How Often Should You Replace Air Filters?
- How To Tell Your AC Filter Needs Replacing
- What Happens if You Don’t Change Your Air Filters?
- Is Pet Hair Bad for AC Filters?
Heating and Furnaces
If you live in a cold climate, posting heating-relating content is a must during the winter and the weeks leading up to it.
- Can I Use a Fireplace and Central Heat?
- Baseboard Heat vs. Central Heat
- What Should You Do If the Heat Goes Out?
- What To Look For in a New Furnace
- The Furnace Went Out. Now What?
- X Furnace Safety Tips
- Safety Tips for Space Heaters
- How Often Should You Get the Furnace Serviced?
- The Furnace Is Making a Banging Noise — Should You Be Worried?
- What To Do With Your Old Furnace
- Is Your Furnace up to Code?
- How Long Should a Furnace Last?
- Why Is My Furnace Blowing Cold Air?
- How To Get Your Furnace To Blow Warm Air
- The Furnace Isn’t Blowing Hot Air: What To Do
- The Most Energy-Efficient Furnaces for Your Home
- What To Do if Your Furnace Is Leaking
- How To Safely Relight a Furnace
- High-Efficiency vs. Mid-Efficiency Furnaces: Pros & Cons
Ceiling fans are cheaper than AC units, so related keywords will likely generate higher search volumes and more traffic to your website.
- Will a Ceiling Fan Improve the Airflow in Your Home?
- Can a Ceiling Fan Make Your Home Colder or Warmer?
- Do Ceiling Fans Increase Air Pollutants?
- Can Ceiling Fans Lower Your Energy Bills?
Energy efficiency is a hot topic right now. As homeowners search for ways to cut back on utility bills, address environmental concerns, and increase the market value of their homes, be sure to line up relevant blogs in your pipeline about how they can meet or exceed industry standards for energy efficiency.
- Ask the HVAC Professionals: Is Your AC Running Efficiently?
- How Many Watts Does an AC Use?
- X Signs Your HVAC System Is Energy Efficient
- X Signs Your Heater Is Energy Efficient
- Is a Space Heater More Energy Efficient Than Your Furnace?
Indoor Air Quality
Your HVAC blog shouldn’t discuss technical topics only. The occasional health-related article will create variety and attract a wider audience.
- HVAC Talk: How To Test the Air Quality in Your Home
- Why You Should Do an Indoor Air Quality Test
- X Ways To Improve Air Quality at Home
- Improve Indoor Air Quality by Keeping Your HVAC System in Top Shape
- Are You a Smoker? These HVAC Maintenance Tips Can Improve the Air Quality in Your Home
- How To Balance Energy Efficiency and Indoor Air Quality
- Will Replacing Filters Improve Indoor Air Quality?
- How Do UV Air Purifiers Work, and Should You Get Some for Your Home?
- What Are the Most Common Indoor Air Pollutants?
Temperature and Thermostats
Pick an average two-person household, and you’ll have two different opinions on the ideal home temperature. Post content that can help customers settle this issue, at least temporarily.
- What Is the Best Temperature for Your Home?
- Should You Change Your Base Home Temperature in the Summer?
- What Is the Most Cost-Effective Home Temperature for the Winter Months?
- What Is the Ideal Office Temperature?
- What Is the Optimal Sleep Temperature for Your Bedroom?
- Does Changing the Thermostat Settings Frequently Drive Up Energy Use?
- Should You Buy a Thermostat With Geofencing Technology?
- Top X Smart Thermostats in 2023
- What Does It Mean When Your Thermostat Is in Recovery Mode?
- Does It Matter Where You Place Your Thermostat?
- Is Your Old Thermostat Driving Up Your Energy Bills?
- Should You Buy a Wi-Fi Thermostat?
- Should You Buy a Thermostat with Remote Control?
Humidity and Mold
Humidity levels that are too low or too high are a potential health hazard. Educate your audience on how to find the ideal middle ground amid their climate quality concerns.
- How To Manage the Humidity in Your Home
- What Humidity Level Is Ideal for Residential Spaces?
- Should You Get a Humidifier for Your Home?
- The Benefits and Dangers of Humidity in Your House
- X Things to Consider Before Turning Your HVAC System On After Mold Treatment
- Should You Replace Air Filters After Mold Treatment?
- Fix Your Musty Air Conditioner in X Steps
- How To Prevent Condensation on AC Ducts
- How To Check for Mold Spores Inside Your HVAC Ductwork
Doors, Windows, and Window AC Units
Window and door insulation — or the lack of it — affects the efficacy of HVAC units. Make sure your customers know this.
- The Best Window AC Units for Apartments and Tiny Homes
- How To Install a Window AC Unit Without Damaging Your Home
- Do Drafty Windows Affect Your HVAC System?
- Do Leaky Windows Affect Your Home’s Heating?
- Is It Okay To Leave Your Windows Open With the Air Conditioner On?
- Do Open Windows Increase Indoor Air Pollutants?
If you service a locality that experiences scorching summers and freezing winters, your blog content should include tips on maintaining HVAC systems in extreme weather.
- How To Prepare Your HVAC System for Severe Weather
- Should You Winterize Your HVAC System?
- Winterize Your Heating System in X Easy Steps
- Should You Cover Your AC Unit When It Gets Cold?
- X Tips for Conserving Heat in the Winter
- Keeping Safe and Warm: How To Safely Heat Your Home This Winter
- Do Humidifiers Help With Dry Winter Air?
- X Energy-Saving Habits to Adopt This Winter
- What Is the Optimal Heating Temperature in the Winter?
- X Tips to Minimize the Strain on Your HVAC System During the Summer
- Turn the AC Down: X Tips To Lower Your Energy Bills This Summer
- The X Best Heating and Cooling Systems in 2023
How-To HVAC Blogs
DIY blog posts are a fantastic way to boost the SEO rankings of HVAC professionals. Contrary to popular belief, DIY content won’t take business away from you. Most customers eventually find it easier to hire an HVAC contractor.
- X Easy DIY Tips for Air Conditioning Repair
- How To Repair Your Heating System on Your Own
- Installing Window AC Units: X Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Replace Your Air Vent Covers in X Easy Steps
- X Ways To Cool Down Your Home Naturally
Safety, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
HVAC systems require regular upkeep. Ensure that your customers know what this entails — and that your qualified experts can take care of their HVAC maintenance.
- X Important Maintenance Tips for Your HVAC System
- Is Your HVAC System in Need of Repair? Watch for These Red Flags
- The Most Common Repairs for Residential HVAC Systems
- X Air Conditioning Problems You Should Know About
- What To Do If Your AC Unit Is Dripping
- Is a Burning Smell Normal When the Heat Is On?
- What Refrigerant Level Should You Maintain in Your HVAC Unit?
- X HVAC Troubleshooting Tips for Homeowners
- A Step-by-Step Checklist for HVAC Spring Cleaning
- Clean Your Dryer Vents in X Easy Steps
- How Often Should You Clean AC Condenser Coils?
- Why You Should Consider a Maintenance Contract for Your New HVAC System
- The Best Home Generators To Keep Your House Safe
- What To Do When Your AC Compressor Isn’t Working Even With the Condenser Fan On
- How To Tell Whether the Problem Is With Your HVAC Unit or Something Else
- How Often Should You Be Cleaning Your Air Vents?
- What Will Happen If You Don’t Clean Your Air Vents?
Need More Help With Your HVAC Blog?
Blogging isn’t for all HVAC professionals. Writing great posts that increase site traffic takes time, marketing knowledge, and a knack for wordsmithing.
If you aren’t too confident in your blogging skills or are too busy in your contracting business to maintain an HVAC Heating and Cooling blog, our team can help.
At Relentless Digital, we can tap into our endless stream of HVAC blog topics and plan, write, edit, optimize, and publish all your blog posts while you focus on what you do best: exceeding client expectations with stellar HVAC services.
Getting started is easy. Call us today at (262) 624-1726 to schedule a consultation with our blogging and digital marketing experts.